Saturday 18 August 2018

Banksy Circles for Bee Crafty

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a project that I made using some left overs!  When I decorated one of the MDF printer trays for a HOCHANDA show, I found I had lots of rectangular pieces of MDF left that came from the apertures.  I knew they would come in handy one day and so today I have used them to create a piece of home décor in the form of a hanging...


I started by choosing 3 pieces that were approximately the same size and used my crop a dile to make holes where I wanted to join the parts with jump rings at the end.   After preparing the MDF with gesso I applied Fresh Lime Dylusions paint to all three.  Then I took two of my favourite d'inkables (Circles and Chevrons) and used the Vibrant Turquoise and London Blue Dylusions paints with a stencil brush to add decoration...


To create some extra details I used a white and black pen to add some doodling.  I then took one of the Texture Border stamps and added some black archival ink...


I wanted some sort of border to each shape so ran the black inkpad around the edges of each piece of MDF then used one of the Style Wire Borders in places around them all.  Next to create my focal points I stamped the smallest style wire circle onto white card and cut them out leaving a slight border, I wasn't worried about getting a perfect circle.  I choose some of the smaller Banksy stamps and used the circles to create a highlight of different parts of the stamps...


To finish I used the main words from the Ticker Tape sentiments and a piece of old jewellery to add as a charm to the bottom of the hanging.

Here are the products I used to create this project:

* Inspired by Banksy - Hope, Girl Watering Aerial, Love Hill
* Wordage - Ticker Tape Sentiments
* Backdrop Borders - Texture Borders, Style Wire Borders
Backdrop Frames - Style Wire Circles
* D'Inkables - Circles, Chevrons
* Dylusions Paint - Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue
* Archival Inkpads

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment