Monday 23 September 2019

'Floral Favourites' Cards with HunkyDory Crafts

Hello!

Following on from some of my previous blog posts I am today using some more products that I have kindly been allowed to choose to review for HunkyDory Crafts...

Full disclosure: I have been given these products to review for free and to keep, however any views I have are my own and will be totally honest.


* This time I have chosen a floral stamp set as I love flower stamps due to their versatility but also because they will fit in beautifully with the butterfly and mandala sets I have used previously.

* As I had chosen flowers I thought that I would try out a different sort of product and something that I do not use all the time but create great flower centres and that was the Diamond Sparkles Glitter Gemstones (I chose the monochrome and amber collections).

* Because I do a lot of stamping and inking I was intrigued to try the 'Ink Me' cardstock pad, as I am always looking out for great stamping card!

* Finally I chose another set of the Prism Pearlescent powders as I felt that the colours in set 2 would go well with the theme.

If you would like to see any of the other projects I have made with HunkyDory products I will link the blog posts at the end of this post.

I created 3 cards using the products and I videoed the creation of the embossed resist card which you can watch on my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/rmB426wbXLw



The cardstock is a good size at 8" x 8" as it is gives you plenty to work with but can also be easily cut down for smaller cards leaving a decent amount of excess for other things.  There are 50 sheets in the block and I like the fact that it is gummed together to help with storage. 
It is 300gsm which gives it a good sturdy weight and for my smallest card I used it as the card base. 
The card surface is really smooth and all the stamping I did onto it came out crisply.  It also made a great base for blending the prism inks onto, giving a lovely soft and smooth finish (you can see this in the video)...


The stamp set is the usual high quality that I always find with HunkyDory.  Although it is best to prime your stamps when new, I used these direct from the packet and still achieved lovely crisp and clear images.  The fact that they are clear stamps also makes them great for placement.
Floral Favourites has a variety of flower styles and sizes and they are more of a stylized than realistic look which I love!  The shapes are also not too fiddly for cutting out after stamping and could also be layered up.  I like that the set has 4 different sentiments in, including a few that could be for many occasions...



The gems come in two different sizes on the sheets and also have a variety of tones within the same set.  I chose these two sets as although I love gold and silver for their ability to go with almost anything, the amber and monochrome had a lovely mix of tones that include gold and silver but also other colours.  They have a slight facetted finish and the glitter is just right to give a bit of sparkle!


I used the Prism Powders onto watercolour cardstock from my stash as I wanted to add a lot of water and this is not what the Ink me card is for (although I will have a try in the future to see how it hold up!).  The pigment powder colours in set 2 go really well together and create some lovely blends.  As always it is fantastic to see them burst as the water is added but these are great for that extra bit of pearlescence as well.  This time I only used them in one way but in my previous posts and videos I have shown other ways in which they can be used.

The card below was created using the pieces that I cut off my first card, just adding some of the gems and a sentiment...


I really enjoyed using the products to create these cards and will be combining them with the other products I have to create some future videos.

All of the HunkyDory products can be found on their website at https://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk

Here are the products that I used, click on the name to link directly to them:

* For The Love of Stamps - Floral Favourites
* Diamond Sparkles Glitter Gemstones - Monochrome
* Prism Powders - Set 2
* 'Ink Me' 8" x 8" Cardstock Block
* Prism Ink Pads

Thank you for looking and down below I will link to some of the other blog posts, happy crafting!

Jane xx

https://isleofcraftycreations.blogspot.com/2019/09/mandala-canvas-with-hunkydory-crafts.html
https://isleofcraftycreations.blogspot.com/2019/06/butterfly-moments-with-hunkydory.html
https://isleofcraftycreations.blogspot.com/2019/08/butterfly-atcs-using-hunkydory-prism.html

No comments:

Post a Comment